Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Carrot Cake



Today it's my husband's birthday! Happy Birthday sweetheart!
I just found out few days ago (we've been married for more than 5 years now) that he likes carrot cake. Never made it, never had it. So yesterday I made one. It's Alton Brown's recipe. I have always liked chemistry so Alton Brown is my kind of chef, and "Good Eats" is my kind of show!

In the flour, I mixed in nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.. We also need sugar, vegetable oil, yogurt (I actually mixed 1/2 yogurt and 1/2 sour cream for more richness),eggs, brown sugar and of course carrots. I also added a tad of buttermilk to make the cake even moister.
The icing is just a plain cream cheese icing:cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract and powdered sugar.Simple yet delicious!
Please excuse the childish drawings on the cake. Me and decorating are not good friends. I was trying to "make" carrots LOL








No comments: